LIQUIDATION

The place to discuss Scottish football
LEATHERSTOCKING

LIQUIDATION

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:40 pm

It`s never happened before, both Cup finalists going out of business within 2 years of appearing together in the Final but are we about to see it happen as the Jam Tarts appear to totter on the brink? I would never suggest that the Binki Banki of Kaunus might be in soapy bubble.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:29 am

At the very least Tynecastle should be a good place to go during the January sales. And there won't be any £9M players available so players will be available at bargain prices.

lbb

Post by lbb » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:48 am

If Hearts go under, do we get the three points from last week?

In all seriousness, it would be a dreadful day if anything happened to Hearts. However, I think Hearts fans need to face the reality of leaving Tynecastle. With or without Romanov, it doesn't appear as though they can sustain their level of debt and Tynecastle is the most obvious asset.

I think they will survive but there will be a painful adjustment and the people who advocated the loony Romanov need to look at themselves.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:52 pm

lbb wrote: Tynecastle is the most obvious asset.
I think a lot of football clubs would be in for a shock if the property value of their grounds was re-assessed at current prices. Selling a ground is a drastic step at any time. Right now it would be even worse.

Gersman

Post by Gersman » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:47 pm

lbb wrote: I think Hearts fans need to face the reality of leaving Tynecastle.
Flats, flats, glorious flats it's down at Tynecastle they bide
Fifty one and counting