Brahim Hemdani

The place to discuss Scottish football
Gersman

Brahim Hemdani

Post by Gersman » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:39 pm

Rangers new signing is coming under fire because he only played 11 games last season. I think that's irrelevant. Surely what's important is that we have captured the captain of of a top continental club? How anyone can suggest bringing in a player of this quality is bad for Scottish football is beyond me.
Fifty one and counting

heartofmidlithuanian

Post by heartofmidlithuanian » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:58 pm

I'm not decrying the guy's quality, mate but remember Boumsong this time last year? Lasted a few months then off to England. Reckon it'll be the same with this guy.

These are players who aren't attracting Premiership scouts. So they come to Scotland where they'll get noticed a lot easier. Rangers pick up a trasnfer fee that covers the guy's wages and then some. He gets his move to the Premiership. Everybody's happy except you poor sods who have forked out for your season tickets expecting to see guys last the season.

Either that or he's the new Daniel Prodan :D

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:07 pm

I tend to go with the Hearts man here. The Rangers PR machine has gone into overdrive. It does this every year, oddly enough around the time season tickets are due for renewal :lol:

I wouldn't dispute the player's quality but questions have to be asked as to why he made just seven starts (four of his 11 appearances were as a sub) in the season just gone.

I was talking to a Gers fan yesterday who told me "He must be a great player. He's played in a UEFA Cup Final." He was none too pleased when I suggested that if that was the benchmark for greatness that they should have signed Jackie McNamara :!:

Gersman

Post by Gersman » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:27 pm

Very funny, I'm sure. I still fail to see how bringing in the captain of one of the top clubs in France can be anything other than a boost for the game in Scotland. We're not exactly crawling with superstars are we?
Fifty one and counting

Gersman

Post by Gersman » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:31 pm

The moment I saw the headline 'Hemdani happy at Gers - McLeish' I knew something was up http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 254120.stm

That's well over two months since Hemdani signed and he still hasn't played a game. This isn't good enough. I thought the Prodan days were over. I still think this guy is good but we're not daft. Either he's injured or he isn't. If he is then it suggests our medicals are no better than the bad old days. if he isn't then it just plain stinks.
Fifty one and counting

Lisbon67

Post by Lisbon67 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:36 am

Sure it's no a spelling mistake. Is his name not really HOUDINI :D :D :D