Livingston crowds - again

The place to discuss Scottish football
Scottish
Site Admin

Livingston crowds - again

Post by Scottish » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:35 pm

I can't find an attendance figure for yesterday's Livingston - St Johnstone game anywhere. This is getting to be quite a regular occurrence as it's happened several times over the past few seasons. Can LLD or anyone sehd any light on why this is happening? Also the figure if anyone has it.

cmontheloknow

Re: Livingston crowds - again

Post by cmontheloknow » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:41 pm

scottish wrote:I can't find an attendance figure for yesterday's Livingston - St Johnstone game anywhere. This is getting to be quite a regular occurrence as it's happened several times over the past few seasons. Can LLD or anyone sehd any light on why this is happening? Also the figure if anyone has it.
Did this crowd ever appear?

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:44 pm

Still no sign of it on either club's website, the SFL site or the usual places.

LLD

Post by LLD » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:00 pm

scottish wrote:Still no sign of it on either club's website, the SFL site or the usual places.
Another sign of the chaos which ensues at Almondvale at the moment.

Proper figures haven't be issued for any of the last three games.

The 2876 figure for the Partick game on February 28 is wildly inaccurate. Most folk reckon it was nearer 1876.

There is also dubiety over the Dunfermline attendance on March 10. I have it on very good authority that the actual crowd was in the region of 1200. The declared figure was 1859.

As for the St Johnstone game (March 14) I've heard no figure either, but all the estimates I have heard have been around 1500.

Skyline Drifter

Post by Skyline Drifter » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 am

I asked on P&B and one answer on there suggested the crowd was given as 1,005 in the Perthshire Advertiser but no amount of asking has gotten an official figure from Livingston. People who were at the game estimated considerably more than that. I'd guess it's unlikely the Perthshire Advertiser got a crowd when no-one else has so I imagine they just guessed.

lbb

Post by lbb » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:38 am

The Sunday Times had the suspiciously round figure of 2,500 for the Livingston-St. Johnstone match.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:49 am

It really is quite remarkable in the 21st century that a club can't provide an accurate figure. I too would be surprised if the Perthshire Advertiser got an accurate figure. The Partick and Dunfermline figures were also surprising but involved clubs with good travelling supports so while on the high side weren't outlandishly so.