Scottish Football History Website

The place to discuss Scottish football
Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:01 pm

By no means exhaustive but there is some information on club tours on the RSSSF site HERE and HERE and HERE and HERE and HERE

BMCCOLL

Post by BMCCOLL » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:11 am

Cheers, David.

I have a note of these games, and on tours to England, but I was hoping that someone had saved the actual files so I needn't compile them all again!

LEATHERSTOCKING

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:55 pm

One ommission from the RSSSF list is Queen`s Park`s tour to Denmark in June 1903 playing 3 games vs. the Dansk Boldspiel Union & winning all three. Their first tour was at the request of the Cobenhavn Carnival of Sports & Gymnastics in 1898 at the conclusion of which all participants were guests at an enormous dinner where the Queen`s Park players were introduced individually to "manifestations of delight" with team captain R.S.McColl receiving the most applause. In true Queen`s Park tradition, details of the tours are generally more detailed on the social side than for that on the park and on being asked for some information after one tour in the early 30s captain Bob Gillespie had to admit he hadn`t bothered too much and couldn`t recollect precisely where they`d played, the scores and who had actually played or scored. I doubt if I`ll ever get complete dates and results of Queen`s touring record.

kiwiscot

Scottish Football History Website

Post by kiwiscot » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:13 pm

In the Hearts tour of New Zealand section the result of the first match is recorded as a 3-1 win to Hearts when in fact it was a 1-0 win to Christchurch United with Kevin Mulgrew scoring the goal. I missed the game as I returned to Scotland for a year but worked both previously and when I returned from Scotland with Kevin. He was on Middlesbrough's books as a youth and then signed for Whitby Town and was a non playing member of their FA Amateur Cup Final squad in the mid 1960's. A boilermaker/welder from Teeside he came to NZ plying his trade and playing part time. He became a very succesful coach here but never got higher jobs because he said what he thought and upset too many blazers, just like someone else from Teeside. A wonderfull person who I could talk to for hours, on the game.