Football Programmes

The place to discuss Scottish football
kiwiscot

Football Programmes

Post by kiwiscot » Mon May 31, 2010 2:33 am

Ive just read an interesting article on the rise of E-book sales and bookshops plans to counter this development and not miss out on sales as record shops have, with the downloading of music. It got me thinking of the future then, of a matchday programme, I couldn't possibly imagine getting the same satisfaction in opening a cell phone type device and reading all about the match you are attending, I guess storage of your collection would be far simpler but rather bland. Evening Newspaper sales have declined since the advent of the computer and I would hate turning up for a match with no programme, any thoughts.

bobby s

Post by bobby s » Mon May 31, 2010 6:52 am

A paper version at the match, with a downloadable version for when you get home?
It's the Hope I can't stand

killiegradge

Post by killiegradge » Mon May 31, 2010 9:40 am

I quite like the idea of a downloadable version of the matchday programme. Many clubs do have "apps" and I am sure it could easily be adapted. However the programme is a usefull source of revenue both from sales and advertising so I cannot see it dissapearing altogeather.
Also what would the programme colecting anoraks do?

smokiesnwine

Post by smokiesnwine » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:07 pm

The Hibs home programmes in the 2007/08 season were available to Hibs Interactive subscribers in a downloadable format. The idea was that overseas supporters watching the home games live on interactive would have a programme for the game they were viewing.
As a collector (Anorak) i bought the paper versions and i have the downloadable versions saved on a memory stick. :roll: