Denis Connaghan

The place to discuss Scottish football
Insertnamehere

Denis Connaghan

Post by Insertnamehere » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:47 am

Looking for any information on Denis, I know roughly his playing career but he is guesting on a show I do tomorrow night and I am looking for some unusual facts if anyone can help.

Cheers
Robert

stuthejag

Re: Denis Connaghan

Post by stuthejag » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:15 pm

His son also Denis played for Clydebank, Queen's Park, Partick Thistle, Stenhousemuir and Arbroath.
Stu
[url][/url]http://partickthistleahistory.wetpaint.com/

cowdenbeather

Post by cowdenbeather » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:39 pm

Was a provisional signing for Celtic in 1963 when with Yoker. Wasn't called up and thus Celtic had to buy him 8 years later from St Mirren. Played for Baltimore Bays in 1966/67. Supposed to be quite a good singer?

MadMac

Post by MadMac » Mon May 16, 2011 11:57 pm

Wasn't he something of a panic signing following the Partick Thistle League Cup final?

Insertnamehere

Post by Insertnamehere » Wed May 18, 2011 7:23 am

Sorry haven’t been on here in a while, thanks for the help and Denis was a fantastic guest, a true gentleman and very knowledgeable to boot. I had heard hed scored a hat trick for St Mirren reserves from right back; he put me straight explaining he had lost his first team place dropped to the reserves and his confidence was shot. He used to be a right winger so asked for a game outfield and scored three goals in five games before returning between the sticks.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Wed May 18, 2011 9:29 am

Insertnamehere wrote:He used to be a right winger so asked for a game outfield and scored three goals in five games before returning between the sticks.
Aye, it just wouldn't do for the Buddies to have a forward who could actually score goals!