Alfredo 'Fred' Renato Renucci

The place to discuss Scottish football
John Meffen

Alfredo 'Fred' Renato Renucci

Post by John Meffen » Thu May 19, 2011 12:45 pm

Fans/historians/statistitians of Petershill, Partick Thistle, East Fife, Falkirk, Hamilton Academical & Albion Rovers: I think I have come across the details of this player.

I am still working upon verifying that they were the same [but I can't think there were too many Alfredo R Renuccis in Scotland at that point in time] so treat with a bit of caution [especially since I found it on the web!!!]

b Glasgow, 17th Apr 1939
d Hamilton, 10th Mar 1985

his Dad [also Alfredo] was yet another of the many who came across from Barga [if you look through the history, so many people left Barga and moved to Scotland [I have no reason why this particular [rather] small town sent so many to our lovely country]

Scottish
Site Admin

Re: Alfredo 'Fred' Renato Renucci

Post by Scottish » Fri May 20, 2011 10:11 am

More on Barga and specifically the Falkirk connection HERE

stuthejag

Post by stuthejag » Sat May 21, 2011 2:16 pm

It is the fomer goalkeeper. It was listed in a Thistle programme shortly after his death he had died in a Car accident but I also heard that the cause of death was a golf ball to the head.
Stu
[url][/url]http://partickthistleahistory.wetpaint.com/

John Meffen

Post by John Meffen » Mon May 23, 2011 12:59 pm

thanks, saves me from going through a lot of google newspapers

killiegradge

Post by killiegradge » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:17 pm

i think the Johnny Moscardini story is fascinating and would make a great subject for a book.If there are any authors out there who might be interested?

John Meffen

Post by John Meffen » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:55 pm

killiegradge wrote:i think the Johnny Moscardini story is fascinating and would make a great subject for a book.If there are any authors out there who might be interested?
I especially like it because I have a file named International footballers born in Falkirk for which he qualifies :)