Roddy Forsyth

The place to discuss Scottish football
Scottish
Site Admin

Roddy Forsyth

Post by Scottish » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:30 am

Seems to be losing it badly over his beloved Gers. First, he assured his readers, that high-ups in HMRC had okayded a CVA deal, then he was forced to apologise to Alex Thomson after claiming police had rejected a complaint Thomson had made about alleged threats received. Yesterday, in the Telegraph, he described Charles Green as a former CEO of Sheffield WEDNESDAY - a bit like saying Peter Lawwell runs Rangers. Today he's even worse. He says Rangers won't appear on the fixture list on Monday and if the newco is rejected they will be replaced by Dundee. He may be right on both scores (though the irony of the twice in administration Dundee replacing Rangers won't be lost on many. Surely Dunfermline should be reprieved?). But his assertion that league football began in Scotland in 1888 is just plain wrong. We all know, Roddy apart, it was 1890.

killiegradge

Re: Roddy Forsyth

Post by killiegradge » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:37 pm

The quality of so called broadsheet journalists leaves a lot to be desired. I saw Patrick Barclay at the Aye Write book festival and his lack of knowledge of football and Scottish football was shocking.

the hibLOG

Post by the hibLOG » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:10 pm

killiegradge wrote:The quality of so called broadsheet journalists leaves a lot to be desired. I saw Patrick Barclay at the Aye Write book festival and his lack of knowledge of football and Scottish football was shocking.
Fans with typewriters though but eh? Except Roddy probably can't even handle a keyboard. Writes everything longhand or calls it in from a coin box. Probably thinks Wikipedia is a crawling insect.
Fraser

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:59 am

I see that Roddy was one of the creditors, to the tune of £1,650 (oh, wouldn't it have been good for it to have been forty quid more?). This allowed him to attend the meeting last week where he voted IN FAVOUR of the CVA. Nothing like neutral journalism, eh? And that was nothing like it.

the hibLOG

Post by the hibLOG » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:06 pm

scottish wrote:I see that Roddy was one of the creditors, to the tune of £1,650 (oh, wouldn't it have been good for it to have been forty quid more?). This allowed him to attend the meeting last week where he voted IN FAVOUR of the CVA. Nothing like neutral journalism, eh? And that was nothing like it.
Proof that the suculent lamb dinners didn't come for free perhaps?
Fraser