Ivanauskas the new Hearts manager (until further notice)

The place to discuss Scottish football
the hibLOG

Ivanauskas the new Hearts manager (until further notice)

Post by the hibLOG » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:19 pm

Romanov already sacked him once at Kaunas didn't he? Glutton for punishment.
Fraser

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:12 pm

Forgive my ignorance, I've been away for a couple of days. Has Duffy been sacked as well?. Scotsman & Guardian sites only mention Rix, the BBC site is down and my so-called ten megs superfast connection is crawling along. Can't get on Sky or the Record.

Killiehippo

Post by Killiehippo » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:27 pm

Scottish - Duffy was talking on Radio Scotland tonight saying he had also been sacked. Never a dull moment for the Jambos but I fear it will all end in tears.

Alan McCabe

Post by Alan McCabe » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:46 pm

Romanov the saviour, eh?
Aye, right!
Come on Hearts fans, scratch beneath the surface and you'll expose this ridiculous regime for the charade that it is!
Football clubs belong to the supporters more than they ever truly belong to the board of directors.
I genuinely hope enough followers recognise the danger signs before its too late.

the hibLOG

Post by the hibLOG » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:38 pm

Alan McCabe wrote:Romanov the saviour, eh?
Aye, right!
Come on Hearts fans, scratch beneath the surface and you'll expose this ridiculous regime for the charade that it is!
Football clubs belong to the supporters more than they ever truly belong to the board of directors.
I genuinely hope enough followers recognise the danger signs before its too late.
A charade right enough - but what can the supporters do supposing enough of them wanted to? Plenty of them still want to believe in Romanov because they have no alternative.

How can they force him out? He owns Hearts and holds all its debt. If the fans were to hound him out he would simply liquidise the club. They would have no players of any worth and no ground to play in. He sits there like a succubus - remove him and you kill the club.
Fraser

Jimmy Superscot

Post by Jimmy Superscot » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:16 am

the hibLOG wrote: He sits there like a succubus
Is that Lithuanian for a bamstick? :wink:

Ramalhete

Post by Ramalhete » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:41 pm

The problem is that nowadays anyone can buy a football club. With all the money involved in the game is easy a club to be in financial trouble and when someone appears with money to invest is regarded by some supporters as a savior instead of looking what are there long term intentions. There are several examples of owners that almost destroy clubs in recent years and many of them have, as someone said before in this forum, an attitude of a Championship Manager player. But this is real life and you can’t get a backup if you are in trouble. The FA directors or even in UEFA should be more aware of this problems and some rules should be implemented to protect the clubs.