Neil Brown

The place to discuss Scottish football
Angusfifer

Neil Brown

Post by Angusfifer » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:22 am

Received an email late last night from Neil's wife, informing his friends/ contacts that Neil had died suddenly the previous day.
As a fellow anorak/ occasional writer my first port of call for information on opposition players was always Neil's A-Z website. Goodness knows the amount of time and work that must have been employed, researching and updating this database. A labour of love surely.
I only met Neil the once, quite by chance, a year or so ago before a game at Bayview, and as you would expect he was a lovely, engaging man. I'm happy to say I was able to assist him with his EFFC page, although the amount of information he had already accumulated was phenomenal.
He'll be missed by more people than he could ever imagine.

RIP Neil

Alan Brown

Re: Neil Brown

Post by Alan Brown » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:42 am

Was sad to read about Neil Brown's death. He spent years updating his excellent website at www.neilbrown.newcastlefans.com. An excellent resource.

Alan

BMCCOLL

Post by BMCCOLL » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:09 pm

Totally shocked to hear of Neil passing away, my sympathies extend to his wife and family. Apparently she found him at his PC updating his website, scant consolation for her that he died working on a hobby that he loved.
http://scottish-football-historical-archive.co.nf

Rob R

Post by Rob R » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:07 am

So sad, I too have consulted his site many times for info, will be sadly missed by us , and dare I say ,programme editors up and down the country for his stastistics . I hope his research is not lost , but the loss to our football family cant compare to the loss of his own family.

Steve Bell

Post by Steve Bell » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:50 pm

Obituary: Neil Brown, 13th September 1948 - 20th July 2015

To all of Neil's Internet friends, sharers of transfer knowledge and fellow 'anoraks'.
It is with deepest sadness that I have to tell you that my husband Neil died suddenly at home on Monday 20th July. He was sitting at his desk updating this website, as he did every morning of his life.
I cannot express the pain of losing this wonderful man but I know he died doing something that he loved. He began this hobby exactly 54 years ago at the age of 12, typing up transfer information he'd read from cigarette cards.
If anyone wishes to contact me, I can be reached at pam.brown12@btinternet.com, particularly if there is anyone out there who can continue this great website that was praised the world over.
Pam Brown
Hopefully someone will have the time and capability to take this on.