The Offshore Game

The place to discuss Scottish football
Snuff

The Offshore Game

Post by Snuff » Sun May 15, 2016 9:04 am

Until earlier this week, I had not heard of the website: The Offshore Game.

I have since had a look, particularly at their views on the liquidation of Rangers and the fall-out from this.

We are, I would suggest, unlikely to see any of the Scottish media outlets mentioning this - they will not go near it with a barge pole. However, I believe, there is sufficient information in The Offshore Game, to suggest, once again, the SFA let Scottish football down - badly.

The whole, long-running Rangers collapse, with the Wee Tax Case, the Big Tax Case, and the subsequent on-going legal cases, has a long way still to run. I am confident, children of Glasgow lawyers, today at nursery school, may well see their school fees at Glasgow Academy/Kelvinside Academy/Glasgow High School or wherever, paid from these cases for the duration of their school lives, and perhaps onto university.

I am therefore, loath to comment or speculate, other than to say - something stinks and if the views in the Offshore Game website are in even the smallest way correct, this stink originates somewhere on the sixth floor "corridor of power" at Hampden.
Snuff

ScottishFA

Re: The Offshore Game

Post by ScottishFA » Sun May 15, 2016 11:40 am

I'd seen this and it raises some interesting questions although, like you, I hadn't heard of them till a few days ago. Would be interested to know more about their background, ie qualified tax lawyers or enthusiastic amateurs.

But if there is any substance to it, why would the mainstream media not touch it?

Partick Thistle

Post by Partick Thistle » Sun May 15, 2016 1:16 pm

I haven't looked deeply into these reports but the SFA don't look too clever here on the face of it.

At worst, corrupt.

At best, inept.

I shudder at the very thought that either Rangers-minded or greedy individuals at the SFA could have been in on their last UEFA license "gamble" for reasons other than the latter.
William

lbb

Post by lbb » Sun May 15, 2016 4:53 pm

An alternative viewpoint - http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.p ... ed/&page=1

Perhaps the reason it hasn't been touched by anyone sensible is that it's complete nonsense motivated by small minded bigots. That would be my guess. Even their own club isn't interested in listening to them.

This forum has done well over the years, with one or two small exceptions, to avoid the lunatic fringe of the Internet. It would be a pity if it suddenly abandoned that policy now.