RIP Jackie McInally

The place to discuss Scottish football
Snuff

RIP Jackie McInally

Post by Snuff » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:02 pm

Jackie McInally, one of the Kilmarnock Legends who won the Scottish League in 1965 has died, in his 80th year.

Jackie, father of Alan "Rambo" McInally, had been fighting Dementia for some time, but a short illness claimed him at the weekend.

He set one record which will probably never be broken. He played in the Crosshill Thistle team which won the Scottish Amateur Cup at Hampden in 1959. One year later, he was back at Hampden, playing for Kilmarnock, against Rangers in the 1960 Scottish Cup Final.

Jackie scored the best goal I ever saw, a near 50-yarder, into the teeth of a hurricand and driving rain, for Kilmarnock against Motherwell, for whom he later played, in 1961.

Another death I heard about was that of Willie Logie, the young Rangers player who was the first British player to be sent off in a European Cup game, when ordered off in the second leg of the Rangers v Nice tie in 1956.
Snuff

bluedragon

Re: RIP Jackie McInally

Post by bluedragon » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:08 am

The passing of another player from that great Kilmarnock side - very sad. Today's Scotsman carries an excellent and fitting tribute by Snuff to Jackie McInally. Unusually for the Scotsman the obituary is accompanied by a colour action photograph (they normally use a black & white portrait photograph). With Jackie wearing red socks and normal Killie stripes and looking at the background my guess is Stark's Park, Kirkcaldy.