Patrick Henderson

The place to discuss Scottish football
RobertB

Patrick Henderson

Post by RobertB » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:22 pm

I was at Fauldhouse on Saturday and someone was asking after a Partrick Henderson who they thought played forHearts and Stenhousemuir around 1964. On the Litster dics I can find someone named playing for Stenhousemuir 1963 coming from Kilsyth Rangers but no mention of a Hearts connection. Does anyone know if he was maybe there but never played for the first team?

Thanks in advance for any help.

cowdenbeather

Re: Patrick Henderson

Post by cowdenbeather » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:20 pm

The only Pat Henderson I can recall came to Cowdenbeath from Arbroath and scored 5 goals in 16 League appearances for the Miners. Moved on then to Stranraer and subsequently played back in the juniors with Arthurlie and Petershill (played one game as a trialist for Hamilton). Nicknamed Maverick because of his resemblance to James Garner who played this character in a TV series of the same name.

Vasco

Post by Vasco » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:36 am

Another who was one of my childhood favourites. He played for the Burgh (inside forward, if memory serves), and, as you say, was nicknamed Maverick. Memories....

Vasco

Post by Vasco » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:08 am

Replying to the last two topics reminded me of an article which talks about the Burgh and Junior internationals.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local ... ck-2598743

Unfortunately, Benny passed away about a month ago.