Sel-ECK-tive memory

The place to discuss Scottish football
Lisbon67

Sel-ECK-tive memory

Post by Lisbon67 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:30 pm

I see McLeish is getting his excuses in early, saying just getting into the Champions League will be achievement enough. And this from the manager of a team that's SEEDED in the qualifiers?

I love his quote "We knew CSKA were a good side, just as we knew the Feyenoord team we lost to two years previously - who won the Uefa Cup - weren't a bad side either."

True enough. But he seems to have forgotten about the team in between. The mighty Viktoria Zizkov :D

bobby s

Post by bobby s » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:19 pm

That's why I think this forum will catch on:

It's a cut above hollow hollow or the muddle board :D
It's the Hope I can't stand

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:36 pm

God forbid we ever go down the road of either of those set-ups. I think we will pick up as time goes by. This website is number one on Google for 'Scottish League', 'Scottish League History' and 'Scottish Football History' which is where most of the (un-bookmarked) traffic comes from. It took about two years from launch to hit top spot and for the past two years it's kept top ranking in these three searches.

It's number 5 for 'Scottish league football' and 16 for 'Scottish football league Where it doesn't rank highly is for 'Scottish Premier League' but then again it's never been aimed specifically at the SPL' Though I'd like to see it higher for just 'Scottish football'.

I deliberately launched it at a quiet time, letting newsletter subscribers know first then putting it on the home page, the idea being to pick up gradually throughout the close season so that by the start of 2005-06 there should be a fair number of topics and a solid core of members posting regularly.

I think it's on target to do so. I'm delighted with the number registered and the quality of the content so far and as the season progresses I'm sure we'll pick up more. And if any of the more enlightened OF fans (and there are a lot out there) fed up with the sectarian and TFT nonsense elsewhere want to visit here they'll be welcome.

Meanwhile thanks to all of you who have registered and participated so far. This forum has the potential to be a great success - particularly as it operates under no commercial pressures - and it's up to all of us to make it one.