New Website Article

The place to discuss Scottish football
Scottish
Site Admin

New Website Article

Post by Scottish » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:13 pm

The first Back Of The Net article of the new season is now online as are a few selected sfaqs lifted from the forum.

bobby s

Post by bobby s » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:44 pm

And a bloody good read it was too.
It's the Hope I can't stand

Level_Par

Post by Level_Par » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:54 pm

You are at it Davie boy. You admit yourself you never get your Pars predictions right so why bother? No way are we going down. We'll finish above Falkirk and Livingston at least and possibly Inverness and Kilmarnock as well.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:53 am

Level_Par wrote:You are at it Davie boy. You admit yourself you never get your Pars predictions right so why bother? .
New Back Of The NET article today and no slagging of the Pars this time.

In fact no mention of them at all.

I'm concentrating on what's good in the game right now. :D

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:16 pm

New article now online here

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:12 pm

Latest update here

the hibLOG

Post by the hibLOG » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:31 pm

Nice picture of Roman Romanov :lol:

But who greeted Tony Mowbray's appointment with derision? Some Jambos perhaps, but the reaction was mostly mystification and total surprise I think.
Fraser

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:53 pm

the hibLOG wrote: But who greeted Tony Mowbray's appointment with derision? .
Those of a blue-nosed persuasion who were keen to automatically rubbish an ex-Celtic player.

the hibLOG

Post by the hibLOG » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:01 pm

scottish wrote:Those of a blue-nosed persuasion who were keen to automatically rubbish an ex-Celtic player.
Ah, no wonder I didn't notice then.
Fraser

Mike Smith

Post by Mike Smith » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:59 pm

The success Chelsea enjoyed when Graham Rix was there came when he was employed in a similar role to the one he'll have at Tynecastle. He is a highly regarded coach - that's the key, in my view, - not a manager and if he's given a chance he may well prosper under a Director of Football (Vialli?)

I think the article, like so many others this week, is a knee-jerk reaction. I'm not a fan of the Romanovs either and they got rid of two good men in Burley and Anderton. But, as I keep saying, the bottom line is that without Vladimir Romanov, Hearts would be playing at a deserted Murrayfield, we wouldn't have players of the calibre of Skacel, Bednar, Jankauskas and Brellier and Tynecastle would now be a building site. And the death knoll would be sounding for a great club.

If they think Rix is the man for the job then so be it......
Author of Follow the Hearts

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:38 pm

It wasn't a knee-jerk reaction. As I said I look at the Rix appointment purely from the point of view of his track record. As a manager it's dreadful. As a coach? Like I say you could make a case for Steve Clarke or Alex Miller to have an even better record. And if his coaching is so good one wonders why he wasn't already in a top job.

The fact is that the Romanovs have removed a managerial and admin team which took Hearts unbeaten to the top of the League, sold out every home game and generated acres of free and good publicity.

The suggestions of a top name coach to replace Burley weren't dreamt up in the offices of the Record or The Scotsman - they came straight from Tynecastle.

Instead Hearts will now be led by a man recently rejected by Crawley Town. Put simply if Rix had been given a similar job at Rugby Park and came with the reputation of an angel I would still be one deeply unhappy bunny.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:21 pm

http://www.scottishleague.net/ Site homepage amended. You may have to refresh your browser. No story. Just a small tribute to reflect today's very sad news.

Scottish
Site Admin

Re: New Website Article

Post by Scottish » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:26 pm

scottish wrote:The first Back Of The Net article of the new season is now online as are a few selected sfaqs lifted from the forum.
And so now is the last of the calendar year.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:05 am

Updated with comment on the draw for Euro 2008 and the Kirin Cup