Pat Hughes - Australian international

Scottish Football Answers to Questions
bluedragon

Pat Hughes - Australian international

Post by bluedragon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:30 pm

I am researching the Scottish football career of Greenock-born Pat Hughes who emigrated to Australia and played for his adopted country including captaining the team against Scotland in 1967.

I wonder if anyone can help me please.

Pat Hughes played for Duntocher Hibs in the 1958/59 season. The ideal thing would be a team photograph from that season with Pat in the line-up or a photograph from his time at the club.

However, lowering my sights can anyone help with some gaps I have in Duntocher Hibs playing records that season namely:

West of Scotland Cup – they were due to play Johnstone Burgh in the 4th Round on 25 May 1959. What was the score and if they won who did they play in the next round(s)? Also, who did they play in the 2nd & 3rd Rounds?

Pompey Cup – I know they were beaten finalists against Pollok but I have no other details apart from two matches (20 Dec 1959 v Arthurlie and 11 May 1959 v Baillieston). Can anyone fill in the gaps?

Central League Cup – I am looking for the details of their matches in the 1st and 2nd Rounds.

Thank you.

bluedragon

Re: Pat Hughes - Australian international

Post by bluedragon » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:26 pm

Thanks to "Sureitza" I now have all the results I was looking for and more! However, I am still on the search for a photograph.