Lowest OF away attendances

Scottish Football Answers to Questions
Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:14 am

LLD wrote: The SPL sent someone to count them at the time we were promoted. No kidding.
I know they did. And very thorough they were too. Even to the extent of counting some of the seats twice!

Skyline Drifter

Post by Skyline Drifter » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:56 am

LLD wrote:I'm afraid the suggestion that Almondvale doesn't hold 10,000 is utter tosh.

It has 10,006. The SPL sent someone to count them at the time we were promoted. No kidding.
It's much more likley that the 7,416 crowd David refers to was "miscounted" than that the number of seats in the stadium were.

LEATHERSTOCKING

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:50 pm

I believe Almondvale DID have 10,000 seats installed which satisfied the SPL but immediately after approval was granted 250 were removed to allow for the TV gantry.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:21 pm

Skyline Drifter wrote:It's much more likley that the 7,416 crowd David refers to was "miscounted" than that the number of seats in the stadium were.
So there were MORE than that number there? For Livvy v Killie? I mean, I know fans flock in their droves to watch the silky football on display from Ayrshire's finest but c'mon.....

Skyline Drifter

Post by Skyline Drifter » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:56 pm

scottish wrote:
Skyline Drifter wrote:It's much more likley that the 7,416 crowd David refers to was "miscounted" than that the number of seats in the stadium were.
So there were MORE than that number there? For Livvy v Killie? I mean, I know fans flock in their droves to watch the silky football on display from Ayrshire's finest but c'mon.....
C'mon what?

You'd rather believe that the seat count is a figment of someone's imagination than that there either a) might more likely have been an error in the declared crowd or b) most likely of all, you might be entirely mistaken on there being "no way there were as many as 2,500 empty seats"? Years of experience tells me the human eye is bloody hopeless when it comes to telling how many empty seats there are in a fairly busy crowd. People who come in twos and threes tend to leave the odd gap between their group and the next one (unless it's actually a ticket match, was it?) meaning that what ultimately looks a full stand probably still is 20% short of capacity. If I had a £1 for every one of our fans who has insisted that "there's no way the crowd was that low" when as a matter of fact it was I'd be a rich man.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:53 pm

Skyline Drifter wrote:You'd rather believe that the seat count is a figment of someone's imagination
No, I'd rather believe my source as mentioned earlier in the thread.

LLD

Post by LLD » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:17 am

LEATHERSTOCKING wrote:I believe Almondvale DID have 10,000 seats installed which satisfied the SPL but immediately after approval was granted 250 were removed to allow for the TV gantry.
That'll be the TV gantry that's on the roof of one of the stands? :lol: