Dead Historians Society

Scottish Football Answers to Questions
honestman

Dead Historians Society

Post by honestman » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:12 pm

I was not quite sure which section of the forum to include this subject in but as it deals with facts and figures I thought probably this was the best one.
Anyway the point is that I recently made out my will, not that I am thinking of popping of or anything, but I had included all the usual details that you would expect in such a document. However I then got around to thinking about all my "football stuff", this is a term my wife uses when referring to my books and numerous folders of fact and figures that I have accumulated over the years. I am married with four daughters so it is unlikely any of them are going to want any of this "stuff" when I go to that great reference library in the sky, infact it is more than likely that the whole lot might be put in the bin. So what to do? Any suggestions?
When you think of the amount of information accumulated by members of this forum alone then I think there should be a "resting place" for an individuals "football stuff"?
A morbid subject I think you will agree, but then again time stops for no man!

LEATHERSTOCKING

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:02 pm

I`ve made my son promise to take the lot without ever thinking it`d be of any great value to anyone. I`ll leave him the webmeister`s `phone number! I`ve also said to him,"Son (& heir to the Leatherstocking overdraft), if I don`t make it, promise you`ll go & see Queen`s win the European Cup." "Dearest father (sob in voice), I`ll make my grandchildren promise too," he replied. Oh he of little faith.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:12 pm

LEATHERSTOCKING wrote:I`ll leave him the webmeister`s `phone number!
I appreciate your faith in my longevity!

Yes, it's a morbid topic but one I've thought about from time to time. Like honestman I have no one to pass it on to as my son is autistic and while this condition hosts many obsessions, fitba isn't one of them.

I don't want to cast aspersions on other relatives (well, not too many) but I have nightmares of a collection being swiftly broken up on ebay. Rugby Park was one option but they already have all the Killie stuff and the rest isn't really applicable.

I think I'll just tell my wife to send it to the Scottish Football Museum and let them sort out anything they want.

ScottishFA

Post by ScottishFA » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:52 pm

Personally, my wife can't wait to get her hands on my collection - she has seen the prices these things fetch on ebay.

But to help her out in the event of me departing these shores, I have typed out a list of the more reliable auction houses and dealers. And, more to the point, I have named some of the characters who should be avoided at all costs if they have the gall to come knocking on the door the day after my funeral.

Of course, it would be nice for the Scottish Football Museum to get a few choice items, in particular the reference materials, but I guess they wouldn't know what to do with an entire collection.