Alex Ferguson: Manager of the Month and Year

Scottish Football Answers to Questions
mark85

Alex Ferguson: Manager of the Month and Year

Post by mark85 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:59 pm

Did Sir Alex Ferguson ever win the Manager of the Month and Manager of the Year awards whilst he was manager up in Scotland between 1978 and 1986 when he was with East-Stirling, St. Mirren and Aberdeen and if so when? as there is plenty of information on the awards he has won with Manchester United but no information on any possible awards he won in Scotland which is suprising considering the success he had with St Mirren and Aberdeen

lbb

Post by lbb » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:41 am

I asked a Manager of the Year question a while back - http://scottishleague.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1182

Manager of the Month awards, in my recollection, were non-existent in Fergie's time in Scotland. As you can see from the above topic, I'm also unsure whether even Manager of the Year awards were officially handed out in this period. It wasn't until the late 1980's that the Player/Manager of the Month awards came into existence and it's possibly around then that Manager of the Year awards started too.

Still, as his long-suffering wife Cathie put it when asked how she felt about him picking up a knighthood post-1999 Treble: "Hasn't he won enough?"