Can You help me Aberdeen fans (if any of You are here :) )

Scottish Football Answers to Questions
Sarkos

Can You help me Aberdeen fans (if any of You are here :) )

Post by Sarkos » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:46 am

I'm writing from Poland, with question which is very important for me. I'm part of team preparing book entitled "50 years of Polish clubs in european cups". Almost all of our work is done, but we still miss some news, but only few. One of them concerns clash between Polish team Legia Warsaw and FC Aberdeeen, which took place in 1991. We need to know Aberdeen squad with substitutions and time of substitutiona, name and surname of Scottish coach , and - last but not least - some facts from this game to write review. All this concerns ONLY FIRST LEG played in Aberdeen (result was 0:0). I wrote to Aberdeen, but I didn't receive any answer. And it's also impossible to find this information in entire Polish press because this game is either not even mentioned, or mentioned in exactly 3 sentences.

If anybody of You

1) has this info

2) knows who can know it (I wrote to Mr. Kevin Stirling but he haven't answered so far)

2) knows an internet site where I can find it

please let me know. Directly on my e-mail if possible. Here it is: el_jugador@interia.pl. I will be very, very grateful !!!

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:52 pm

Hi Sarkos and welcome to the forum.

This was a Second Round Cup-Winners Cup tie. The first leg was played at Aberdeen's ground, Pittodrie on October 24th 1990.

The Aberdeen team was; Michael Watt, Stewart Mckimmie, David Robertson, Brian Grant, Alex McLeish, Brian Irvine, Peter Van De Ven (Craig Robertson 82), Jim Bett, Paul Mason, Robert Connor, Hans Gillhaus

Aberdeen had two co-managers (coaches) Alex Smith & Jocky Scott. The referee was the Portuguese Jose Francisco Conceicao Silva nd the attendance was 15,946.

I can't find a match report but I suspect that a 0-0 draw wouldn't merit much more than three lines in the Scottish press either.

Hope this helps.