Any info on Joe Fleming?

Scottish Football Answers to Questions
chappy

Any info on Joe Fleming?

Post by chappy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:30 pm

Hi guys got this e-mail and can't help the lady out.

Can you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Good Evening .. I am sorry to troube you , i dont know how to go about this
how can I find out about my dad who played for hearts a long time ago..
I was only a child when he played for hearts at least thats what I have been told .I know my dad did play for Scotland Youth. i have no one i can find out about this from.My dad did ytell my husband that he played fro Scotland Youth, Hearts,and someone else I am not to sure about .
My dad has now passed away and I am missing him lots ..So i feel thsi would be good for me to find out about this ,,.
i am sorry I dont have any details apart from his name

Joe Fleming
he probably played for your team when we lived in Bellshill . Lanarkshire .i am sorry this is all I know .. is there a wy i can look at players Archives ..I just want to feel near to my dad
please can you help
thank you
Ann Harvey

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dad was born August the 5th 1928 passed away 2 years ago but he was always on about Football and when he played for Hearts..I am sorry I dont have much information for you

i was born 1950 and remember him going to play as a very young child
As far as I know he has always been called JOE Fleming or maybe Jock ..I am so sorry for all the trouble i am putting you through
I thank you so much for doing this I really appreciate it thank you from the bottom of my heart
hugs Ann Harvey
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance
Chappy

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:35 pm

Just had a look at London Hearts which has all post-war players and the onlt Flemings are George and Jim who both played in the 1960s.

Possibly he never played for the first team which makes it much more difficult to track down.

Sat31March1928

Post by Sat31March1928 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:09 pm

Somebody asked me the same on KB.

I referred him to one of our programme collectors who may have info from reserve or youth team news.
Jackson; James; Jackson; James; Jackson