Drybrough Cup

Scottish Football Answers to Questions
gogsy1968

Re: Drybrough Cup

Post by gogsy1968 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:33 pm

Dundee's programmes for 74-75 season gives their goalscorers in the tournament for that season as Hutchinson and Duncan 3. So Duncan hat-trick v Queen of the South?

BMCCOLL

Post by BMCCOLL » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:47 pm

Thanks, Gordon. I don't have it to hand, but does Litster's post war disc cover the Drybrough Cup?
http://sfha.org.uk/

Rob R

Post by Rob R » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:44 am

Gogsy sent me off in the right direction by saying he got the info from a Dundee programme from that season & I remembered Morton were one of the few or maybe the only team in those days to give attendance figures in their programmes up to that current match day programme , so I had a look through my 5 or 6 Morton programmes from 80/81 season and low and behold we have Drybrough Cup attendance figures, both at home 1st round V Albion Rovers 2,965 and V Aberdeen 4,068 The Albion game I find quite a positive attendance for that time of the year , but Morton did have a quite attractive side at the time. I found the Aberdeen gate somewhat disappointing giving that they were playing the League Champions, but it was midweek plus the travel distance, but possibly it might have been local industries holiday time. Anybody any thoughts?