Latest Volume of Airdrieonians' History Now Available

The place to recommend books to other Forum users. Or even to warn off.

Latest Volume of Airdrieonians' History Now Available

Postby sam peckinpah » Tue May 09, 2017 8:56 pm

Airdrieonians' historian, John Henderson, has just completed his third volume of the club's history. Entitled 'Excelsior Beginnings to Scottish League Membership: 1878/79 - 1893/94, I'm sure this one will appeal to all scholars of Scottish football's earliest days. As with his earlier books on the club in the 1920's and 1960's this is meticulously researched and collated. Inevitably, there are gaps in information, but no stone has been left unturned and this is as close to definitive as could be achieved. Full line-ups and scorelines are included where available and, while photographic images are limited, there's an aerial shot that displays part of Mavisbank Park, the club's original ground. All in all, this is a tremendous piece of work. Only £6.99 from the club shop at New Broomfield or available via the following link (alternatively, drop me a line and I'll assist):

http://www.airdriefc.com/news/2017/05/book

Here's to John and here's hoping he's around long enough to complete the remaining decades - I'm looking forward to the 1970's edition already!
sam peckinpah

Return to Football Books