East Fife-On a windswept Plain

The place to recommend books to other Forum users. Or even to warn off.
StAndrewsHMFC

East Fife-On a windswept Plain

Post by StAndrewsHMFC » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:34 pm

Was wondering if anyone could tell me if this book was any good and what it contains, written history/stats etc?

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:28 pm

I'm not back home till later tonight and will have too much to do to look this out but if memory serves me well then it's a well-written chronological history of the club with good historical photos IMHO but no stats.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:16 pm

Sorry, that last post read as if I couldn't be arsed to dig out the book. What I should have explained is that I was away for a couple of weeks and had too much to attend to upon return to have a good look at the EF book.

East Fifer

On That Windswept Plain

Post by East Fifer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:36 pm

Hi there.

I'm the author and publisher of the book in question.
The book is paperback and contains 236 glossy pages of text along with numerous photographs including team pictures.
The first 100 years of East Fife's history are covered, including the Eastern and Central League days, entry into the Scottish League, the three Scottish Cup Final appearances (including the win in 1938!), the three League Cup wins and much more right up to the club's centenary in 2003.
It's still available (although there are only about 100 copies left) at the on-line price of £10 plus £2 P&P at:

www.james-k-corstorphine.co.uk

(Webmaster - hope I haven't broken any rules by posting my web site address, if I have please accept my apologies and delete!)

StAndrewsHMFC

Post by StAndrewsHMFC » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:19 pm

Just finnished reading the book, and have to say it was very enjoyable. Would definately recommend it to anyone who likes general football histories. The only grumble I'd have being a statto was the lack of stats, still can't really complain as the words were good.