ROTHMANS

The place to recommend books to other Forum users. Or even to warn off.
LEATHERSTOCKING

ROTHMANS

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:50 pm

Best I could do pricewise was £15 including postage @ Soccer Books Direct although the webmeister tells me he saw them in Waterstones in Glasgow for £15 too so SBD is the best buy because I don`t have to waste petrol money & car parking fees in visiting grotty Glasgow city centre. I`ve tried ordering books from them in the past but they want the full dosh up front nowadays which means two trips in (with no assurances on delivery dates) and my delicate sensibilities can`t stand that! The Glasgow Borders don`t seem to have any copies at all.

ScottishFA

Post by ScottishFA » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:50 pm

I'll buy the Rothmans book because I always have, but was interested to see that the SPL and SFL have signed up to this:
http://www.acblack.com/Catalogue/detail ... pt%5Fid=11 which is described as the official yearbook.

Very wary of any new product that claims to be the best, especially as it places the emphasis on full colour and previews. Anyone got a copy or seen it in the shops?

LEATHERSTOCKING

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:29 pm

It`s very disappointing that the Scottish leagues two sponsors can`t come up with the moollas to let David Thomson resuscitate the League Review, easily the best for Scotland and greatly missed.

bobby s

Post by bobby s » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:22 pm

Received Rothmans, the official book and the bbc book today. I'll let you know what I think of them.
It's the Hope I can't stand

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:17 pm

ScottishFA wrote:I'll buy the Rothmans book because I always have, but was interested to see that the SPL and SFL have signed up to this:
http://www.acblack.com/Catalogue/detail ... pt%5Fid=11 which is described as the official yearbook.

Very wary of any new product that claims to be the best, especially as it places the emphasis on full colour and previews. Anyone got a copy or seen it in the shops?
I've seen it but didn't buy it. Nothing there for Scottish football that isn't in Rothmans as far as I can see. Certainly nothing on Stenhousemuir along the lines of the preview on the web page for Liverpool.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:19 pm

LEATHERSTOCKING wrote:It`s very disappointing that the Scottish leagues two sponsors can`t come up with the moollas to let David Thomson resuscitate the League Review, easily the best for Scotland and greatly missed.
Agreed. Rothmans is at a fiver off in Waterstones. Borders hadn't received their copies as of yesterday. As an aside I see the NOTW has been picked up and published after all, as the Nationwide football annual.