When Saturday Comes

The place to recommend books to other Forum users. Or even to warn off.
Scottish
Site Admin

When Saturday Comes

Post by Scottish » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:10 pm

This is a hardback A-Z of the game from the perspective of the popular magazine. I only had time to have a quick flick through it yesterday but from what I saw don't expect the same amount of humour as in the mag.

Naturally, I turned first to 'K' but was disappointed to find that alongside a decent potted history of Killie they ascribed the epic Fairs Cup comeback from four goals down as being against Hamburg not Eintracht Frankfurt.

I didn't have long enough to check whether basic errors like this were typical or not but would recommend a good old browse before buying.

Mike Smith

Post by Mike Smith » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:34 pm

I used to subscribe to WSC in the days when it was mildly amusing. Indeed I contributed to a couple of issues some years back.

I stopped buying it when the humour was replaced by too many budding Nick Hornbys and the mag began to take itself rather too seriously. Its coverage of Scottish football was sparse to say the least. I've not read WSC for a few months but their persistence in using puns for article headlines was a tad irritating to say the least - I don't imagine that's changed much.
Author of Follow the Hearts