The ROAR Of The Crowd

The place to recommend books to other Forum users. Or even to warn off.
Skyline Drifter

Post by Skyline Drifter » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:39 pm

scottish wrote:
StAndrewsHMFC wrote: Just out of interest is it known which clubs if an just add on all there season ticket holders presently
Given the contrast between official figures and gaps in the stands I can think of two.

The problem is that all the SFL (and subsequently SPL) figures have been computerised since 1989 so only the totals show. Between 1971-1989 there was a breakdown of terraces, stands, season ticket holders, comps, youth/OAP etc so it was much easier to find out what was what. Between 1961-1971 totals were recorded as were season tickets but it was difficult to say who was adding in all the ST holders and which clubs were counting the ones that came through the turnstile.
The returns the clubs make to the SFL STILL show all that detail. I presume you are referring to information the SFL make available to you?

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Yes, the information I received from 1989 onwards was on disk. However there are no details of seasons post-1989 kept alongside the 1961-1989 details. So I don't know whether they have been stored separately (which would be odd) or not at all (which would also be odd).