Anyone know what this is?

The place to recommend books to other Forum users. Or even to warn off.

ScottishFA

Post by ScottishFA » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:53 pm

I can't say for sure what it is, but I can be pretty sure what it isn't - a new football book.

There has been a stream of similar books cropping up in the past few weeks, with all sorts of bizarre titles - go to abebooks.com and try a search on, say, 'scotland football' and you'll see what I mean. All print on demand, no further details. It looks like some kind of spam attack on the online booksellers.

Don't waste your money!

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:57 pm

A quick click on the "author" shows he/she/they is/are also responsible for such classics as "Farts In A Can" & "Giant Pop-out Farm."

At £14-50 for a 72-page paperback I'm not sure I want to know more. There is also one on Belfast Celtic players and other, less savoury titles, like "Musicians Who Died in Nazi Concentration Camps" & "Neo-Fascist Terrorism: Aryan Nations, Combat 18, White Aryan Resistance, United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Shooting, Strategy of Tensio"

OTOH "Disused Railway Stations of Suffolk," "Radio Stations in Florida" & "Mammals of Pakistan" might while away an hour or so.