Scottish Football Almanac 3rd Edition 2016/17

The place to recommend books to other Forum users. Or even to warn off.

Scottish Football Almanac 3rd Edition 2016/17

Postby prorege » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:30 pm

SCOTTISH FOOTBALL ALMANAC 3RD EDITION 2016/17

The 3rd Edition of the Scottish Football Almanac is available now.

The publication now runs to over 500 pages, an increase of almost 100 on previous editions. The price remains unchanged at £19.99.

The Almanac provides a detailed record of the 2015/16 season at all levels of Scottish football. This includes the various International teams, male and female, at all age groups. Coverage of the SPFL includes full line-ups and player details. Senior and Junior non-league football are covered with full dates and results of matches. Squad listings for these levels have been expanded on previous editions.

A number of new feature articles have been added and historical / statistical coverage extended.

Amateur, Welfare, Schools and Youth football are covered in detail, as is the Women’s game. There are more club directories and historical data than before.

There are comprehensive Obituaries of Scottish football personalities who died during the 2015/16 season and a detailed update of Ground / Stadium changes that have occurred or are in the pipeline.

The Almanac also provides a preview for the 2016/17 season. There is no comparable publication on the market.

The Scottish Football Almanac can be ordered direct from the publishers at:

www.rel8mediapublishing.weebly.com/

The cost is £19.99 with free postage within the UK.

Please contact us via the website for details of the postage cost to other countries, including the Republic of Ireland.

The Almanac is also available from the publishers through Amazon although their usual postage charges will apply.
prorege

Re: Scottish Football Almanac 3rd Edition 2016/17

Postby Alan Brown » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:10 pm

The latest edition of the ‘Scottish Football Almanac’ 2016/17 popped through my letterbox yesterday. The author Andy McGregor has to be congratulated for producing such a magnificent and detailed book, which will be the football bible for the season ahead. For every senior club, either 3 or 4 pages are dedicated to each club, with a squad list, historical information followed by full match details of every game played in season 2015/16. The only things that are missing are half time results and referees. I probably only mention these because I take a not of these for my own historical research. It also means that the season doesn’t have to be ‘revisited’ in the future. I am quite sure the reason for omitting these details was purely down to the lack of available space! Junior football receives good coverage down to the lowest level. There is a lot more in the book, far too much detail to list here, so you will just have to buy a copy to see for yourself! The book is well worth the price of £19.99. See Andy’s post above for ordering details.
Alan Brown

Postby BMCCOLL » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Totally agree, this is the must-have book of the season and completely blows 'Rothmans' away. The amount of info included is exhaustive and must be on everyone's bookshelf.
http://scottish-football-historical-archive.co.uk
BMCCOLL

Postby prorege » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:38 pm

Thanks for the positive comments.

HT scores and match referees will be included next season.
prorege

Return to Football Books