Bo'ness United 1947-48

The place to recommend books to other Forum users. Or even to warn off.
Burnie_man

Bo'ness United 1947-48

Post by Burnie_man » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:18 pm

There was a booklet published in 1948 to celebrate the BU's Scottish Junior Cup win and their 2 successive Edinburgh & District League titles.

I would very much like to see a copy of this booklet via photocopying/borrowing/buying.

I understand there may also be booklets in existence for other East of Scotland Junior clubs such as Stoneyburn and Whitburn, which likewise I would like to see a copy.

Can anyone help?

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:29 pm

You could try the Scottish Football Museum at Hampden. I don't mean the bookshop but the museum itself. Richard McBrearty and the staff there are always adding books and pamphlets to their collection.

I know they have a number of publications on junior clubs but can't say for certain exactly which ones. You wouldn't be able to buy from them but you could make an arrangement to read, copy or photocopy extracts.

Burnie_man

Post by Burnie_man » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:00 pm

Should have thought of that myself, thanks, I'll drop them an e-mail.

Burnie_man

Post by Burnie_man » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:49 pm

scottish wrote:You could try the Scottish Football Museum at Hampden. I don't mean the bookshop but the museum itself. Richard McBrearty and the staff there are always adding books and pamphlets to their collection.

I know they have a number of publications on junior clubs but can't say for certain exactly which ones. You wouldn't be able to buy from them but you could make an arrangement to read, copy or photocopy extracts.
Do you have an e-mail address for Richard McBrearty? on several occasions in the past I have e-mailed him via the address on the museum site, but he hasn't replied, and again in this instance there has been no response to my query. Not very good PR.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:37 am

The only contact details I have are those listed on the Museum website. I know from experience of my trips there that Richard and his colleagues are almost constantly inundated with requests for information/answers to queries/ pub quiz questions/general arguments etc and that it's impossible to respond to everyone.

The best thing to do is to phone the number on the website. Eventually you WILL get through and Richard or one of his colleagues WILL respond.

ScottishFA

Post by ScottishFA » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:27 am

I've got a copy of the booklet on Bo'ness. If you want me to send you a photocopy, that's easy enough - just send me a pm with your contact details.

Andy.

Burnie_man

Post by Burnie_man » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:55 pm

Cheers Andy, PM sent :D