Third Lanark documentary on BBC Alba

The place to recommend (or otherwise) football or football-related TV programmes, DVDs, Videos and Movies.

Also to let users know about upcoming programmes in your part of the world.

Third Lanark documentary on BBC Alba

Postby ScottishFA » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:37 pm

BBC Alba will be showing a new documentary on Third Lanark on Saturday 27 January 2018 at 9pm. And no doubt thereafter on iplayer.

It tells the story of the club, with a particular focus on its demise. I may appear at some stage (at least I should hope so, given the amount of time they spent filming at my house).
ScottishFA

Re: Third Lanark documentary on BBC Alba

Postby Alan Brown » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:02 pm

Really enjoyed the documentary Andy. I am not old enough to even remember Third Lanark (and I doubt you are either!), but wouldn't it be great if all the plans come to fruition.

Alan
Alan Brown

Postby ScottishFA » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:01 pm

Thanks.

For anyone still interested in seeing the film, it is on BBC iPlayer until the beginning of March - within the UK only, unfortunately - at this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09qc907
ScottishFA

Postby Vasco » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:32 pm

Watched it 10 days ago. Joe McInnes's daughter, Margaret, married an old friend of mine, whilst the woman who appeared twice, Maura McColgan, used to work beside me. She left a good few years ago to take up a hospitality role at Celtic Park. As well as her father, Dan, playing for the Hi-Hi, her grandfather Frank O'Rourke got a cap for Scotland and won an FA Cup winners medal with Bradford City. Another old work colleague, Sandy Lister, played for them after the war. His father had played with Stoke City, and Sandy had some good stories about Stanley Matthews, who had just come on to the scene when Lister senior was at the Victoria Ground.

Disappointed, though, that there was no mention of, nor interview with, Drew Busby, scorer of Thirds' last goal, especially as it was against Dumbarton, his home town team.
Vasco

Return to TV, DVD, Video & Film