Lithuania game live online

The place to recommend (or otherwise) football or football-related TV programmes, DVDs, Videos and Movies.

Also to let users know about upcoming programmes in your part of the world.

Lithuania game live online

Postby Scottish » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:04 pm

The SFA have teamed up with the IMG group to show Scotland's remaining home qualifiers, including this Saturday's match v Lithuania, live online at a one-off cost of £4.99 for those living abroad.

The BBC are showing the match live in Scotland but will block it out for the rest of the UK as Sky have the rights. The only fans unable to see Saturday's fixture live are those Uk residents outwith Scotland who don't subscribe to Sky. But as the England game doesn't kick off until Scotland's match is over most pubs will show the Scotland match in its entirety.
Scottish
Site Admin

Postby Alan McCabe » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:52 pm

I'm not reading this as you do David.
From what I understand from the description on the SFA's site, the first time that home-based Scots can access full internet coverage is 24 hours after the match ends. This ties in with Sky's policy of their exclusive rights to home matches in Euro 2008.
With that in mind, from all the schedules I have seen the BBC ONLY have a highlights programme to cover the Lithuania match.
So I guess its business as usual for those unable to attend.....subscribe to Sky or wait for BBC's late-night highlights.
Alan McCabe

Postby Scottish » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:48 pm

My mistake Alan. You are right. The BBC ARE showing only highlights. Sky have exclusive live UK coverage.

However there IS live web coverage for those outwith the UK via the link to the SFA.

It's a dilemma. Home Scotland internationals and the Scottish Cup remain with Sky with the SPL on Setanta. I would think that a lot of people who cancel their Sky subs during the summer won't have renewed now that Setanta have a large chunk of English games live. If Sky had offered the match as a one-off PPV I think they would have had a lot of takers. As it is, publicans will be the ones smiling come Saturday afternoon.
Scottish
Site Admin

Return to TV, DVD, Video & Film