Deleted Post

The place to recommend (or otherwise) football or football-related TV programmes, DVDs, Videos and Movies.

Also to let users know about upcoming programmes in your part of the world.

Deleted Post

Postby Scottish » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:10 pm

You may have noticed that a recent post has been deleted. I have been away for a few days with only a sporadic net connection else I would have removed it sooner. But if anyone from the organisation in question (or similar) happens to read this then here is the email I have sent to the site user tonight.

You signed up to my website http://www.scottishleague.net and made two identical posts about the availability of certain match highlights. This raises a number of issues.

Firstly, it is usually the case that when someone wants to post a link to an external site and there is a commercial aspect to it (in this instance the mention of the competition sponsor's name) then they ask my permission - which can be and sometimes is refused - before doing so.

Secondly, anyone who signs up to the site solely or primarily to promote another site or commercial body will find their posts deleted (as I have done in this instance) and if the exercise is repeated then the user will be deleted.

Thirdly, I am disappointed that you didn't bother to check the site before making your posts. Otherwise you would have seen that a link to the highlights of the competition in question had already been posted by myself ten days ago, here. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4123 Site members are already well aware of where to go to see Scottish Cup highlights.

I know that the videos of the Scottish Cup highlights are professionally done and a welcome addition to the online availability of Scottish football. I am not criticising what you do, merely the way you have went about it on my site. Finally, I should add that under no circumstances whatsoever do I permit the mention of a sponsor's name. The organisation in question may be sponsoring the competition but they do not sponsor me. Until or unless they do then I have no intention of giving them free publicity
Scottish
Site Admin

Re: Deleted Post

Postby ScottishFA » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:14 pm

scottish wrote:The organisation in question may be sponsoring the competition but they do not sponsor me. Until or unless they do then I have no intention of giving them free publicity

David, are you suggesting you can be 'bought'? Perish the thought.
ScottishFA

Re: Deleted Post

Postby Scottish » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:13 pm

ScottishFA wrote: David, are you suggesting you can be 'bought'? Perish the thought.

As in the apocryphal quote usually attributed to GBS but also at times to Twain, Wilde, Marx (Groucho) and others:

"Madam, would you sleep with me for $5,000,000."

"For $5,000,000, why yes."

"Madam, would you sleep with me for $1."

"Certainly not. What kind of a woman do you take me for?"

"Madam, we have already established that. Now all we are doing is haggling over the price."
Scottish
Site Admin

Return to TV, DVD, Video & Film