New look...and weekend downtime

All non-fitba stuff in here please.

New look...and weekend downtime

Postby Scottish » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:32 am

The two are connected. Fed up with the daily battle against spammers I decided to update the site in the belief that a an updated site would offer greater protection. This remains to be seen. However, as I hadn't updated for about four years things had moved on in the world of bulletin boards. To such an extent that - tbh - I ballsed it up completely. The site was 'off air' as it were, from around late Friday afternoon until Monday morning. Every thing I tried to do just produced error message after error message. I resolutely ignored the first rule about what to do when you're in a hole and carried on digging.

Eventually, thanks to the help of the enthusiasts over at phpbb - and no thanks at all to myself - the site got back up and running. So apologies to anyone who logged in over the weekend only to find some strange and inexplicable message.

The 'weekend flit' also seems to have lost about 100 registered members. Hopefully these are non-regulars but if anyone has any trouble logging in,get in touch with me via the usual address and we'll get it sorted.

That's enough about that. I hope people enjoy the new look. Now it's time to get back to the fitba.
Scottish
Site Admin

Re: New look...and weekend downtime

Postby bobby s » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:41 am

Good work David, I know from the bad old days how hard upgrading forums can be.
It's the Hope I can't stand
bobby s

Postby Scottish » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:34 am

Thanks, Bobby. Now IIRC last time I had a major update you told me now to replace the phpBB logo. I think there is more to it than just renaming another file logo.gif. Any ideas?
Scottish
Site Admin

Postby nightfire » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:54 pm

It's looking good David
nightfire

Return to Off Topic