Downtime

All non-fitba stuff in here please.

Downtime

Postby Scottish » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:48 am

Apologies if you've been receiving error messages trying to sign in to the site. If it's any consolation so have I. With a bit of luck, everything is okay now and nothing has been wiped from the site.
Scottish
Site Admin

Re: Downtime

Postby malcolm_s » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:23 am

Hello David, Set up an account so that I could check whether there was any difference logging in as a user. Everything seems to be working fine. Perhaps the problems you were having yesterday were a a residue, so to speak, of the system crash. Let me know if it persists
malcolm_s

Postby Scottish » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:39 am

Thanks, Malcolm. Yes, seems to be better now. Oh, and welcome aboard. I think you're the first Forest fan on here!

EDIT: Maybe spoke too soon. This reply took about 30 seconds to post. Ah well, maybe it is just a lingering issue from a few days ago which will right itself.
Scottish
Site Admin

Postby Skyline Drifter » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:04 pm

scottish wrote:Thanks, Malcolm. Yes, seems to be better now. Oh, and welcome aboard. I think you're the first Forest fan on here!

EDIT: Maybe spoke too soon. This reply took about 30 seconds to post. Ah well, maybe it is just a lingering issue from a few days ago which will right itself.

I'm a Forest fan of sorts.

Forest were my first "favourite team" from 1978 when I was at primary school and we were served by English tv transmitters in Dumfries so it was English football we saw, not Scottish. QoS superceded Forest as my favourite team once I actually started going to football in 1985 and I now work for the club but I still consider Forest my favourite "other" team. The fact I work for Queens and never miss games unless I physically can't be there means opportunities to see Forest in the flesh are rare. My sister used to live in Nottingham but I only saw them twice when she was there. I've been once since and I've seen them play a couple of away games but it's not much to show for more than 25 years of "support".
Skyline Drifter

Postby Scottish » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:00 pm

1978? Glory-hunter!
Scottish
Site Admin

Postby Skyline Drifter » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:11 pm

scottish wrote:1978? Glory-hunter!

In my defence I was following them from before they actually won anything that year (just)!

I was 7 and had little concept of what "glory" there was. I don't think I even knew they were top of the table at the time, I just liked that Brian Clough man and they were at the time about the only team capable of beating the all conquering Liverpool side several of my friends supported. The first Forest game I can actually remember was listening to live commentary of the League Cup Final replay when they beat Liverpool.
Skyline Drifter

Postby Scottish » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:45 pm

A memory of mine from that season (other than Killie beating Celtic in the Scottish Cup - and a lot older than seven, alas) was of the first game of the season when Liverpool were playing at Ayresome Park. Some Scousers, on hearing my accent, dashed over to the table I was at in the pub pre-match, eager to know if this "Dalglish fella" about to make his debut that day was any good. Upon being told they had a bargain buy even at the then British record transfer fee of £440,000, they said the real question was would he ever be able to lace Kevin Keegan's boots. I told them that by the end of the season they would be asking "Kevin Who?"

They laughed and went on their way. Six minutes into his first match in English football Dalglish scored and the rest, as they say, is history. I'd like to say how prescient Ii was but having once watched him score six at Rugby Park (albeit in a benefit game) it was an absolute no-brainer to say he was bound to be one of the best of his generation.
Scottish
Site Admin

Postby Scottish » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Still ongoing issues to be resolved. Apologies to all.
Scottish
Site Admin

Return to Off Topic