Carlos Tevez

For English, European and World football topics.
kiwiscot

Carlos Tevez

Post by kiwiscot » Wed May 20, 2009 3:30 am

Could some one explain to me the complexities of his transfer as it was deamed unsuitable to his registration being owned by a business consortium when he signed for West Ham and I presume that consortium still owns his registration whilst on loan at Man Utd ,and what happens if United go ahead and sign him are they ( or would they ) be breaking the same rules (if any ) as West Ham? Again would any rules about who owns a players registration ,as the League see's it , stand up in a court of law? Is Tevez on loan from West Ham ,an Argentinian club or a business syndicate ? Can any one enlighten me on it and the rule as I dont see the difference between him playing for West Ham or Man Utd. although they must be.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Wed May 20, 2009 8:42 am

It's a bit like the Schleswig-Holstein question of which Lord Palmerston was reputed to have remarked that only three people ever understood it. One was dead, a second insane, the third was himself and he had forgotten everything he knew.

kiwiscot

Carlos Tevez

Post by kiwiscot » Wed May 20, 2009 9:28 am

So in other words ,you dont understand it either.

lbb

Post by lbb » Wed May 20, 2009 11:11 am

As I understand it....

Carlos Tevez is owned by a company called Media Sports Investment who bought his contract/registration from Boca Juniors. It is MSI who received loan fees from West Ham and Manchester United.

West Ham never declared this third party ownership when they recruited Tevez in August 2006. It only came to light when his chum on a similar scheme, Mascherano, joined Liverpool. The authorities allowed him to join Liverpool on 'loan' for a fixed period with MIS retaining no rights in that period. A similar deal was struck with Manchester United to allow Tevez to join them on 'loan'. It gets more complicated because West Ham claimed to have ripped up the contract with MIS (although how they could have done this and retained Tevez is a mystery to me) and then it transpired that they hadn't.

So West Ham misled the Premier League about the ownership when they recruited him and then lied about what action they'd taken after it all came out. Manchester United didn't do either of these things so they're in the clear. I think.

I don't think there is anything in the rules to stop Manchester United and Liverpool paying MSI fees to secure the registrations of Tevez and Mascherano on a permanent deal. I think MSI would definitely want this rather than striking another loan agreement with another club(s).

kiwiscot

Carlos Tevez

Post by kiwiscot » Wed May 20, 2009 11:18 am

Well, thanks for that Ibb, it makes things a little clearer .