Obscure International Line-Ups.

For English, European and World football topics.
Essex Corcaigh

Obscure International Line-Ups.

Post by Essex Corcaigh » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:34 pm

:mrgreen:

Hello gentlemen,

Once again, I'm picking your brains ! Would anyone know where I could get historical line-ups of representative sides such as Basque Country, Catalonia, Corsica and others of that ilk ? I've looked at http://www.rsssf.com and, although they have a wealth of information, there are no line-ups. There must be some record somewhere.

Any help would be very gratefully received and worth a pint at the next Edinburgh trip !

There are those who are Irish and those who wish they were Irish !

Vasco

Re: Obscure International Line-Ups.

Post by Vasco » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:01 pm

I'm house sitting in Uist at the moment, but, when I get home, l'll check the programme from the Catalonia v Ecuador match which I attended in the Nou Camp about 12 years ago. I seem to remember a list of previous matches being in there.

Incidentally, this match was played in pushing rain between Christmas and New Year and attracted a crowd of 52,000.

Rob R

Post by Rob R » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:38 am

I trust the weather in South Uist is better than Barcelona, bring on climate change, I say.

Essex Corcaigh

Post by Essex Corcaigh » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:16 am

Looking at the dates of most of the Catalonia XI matches, it appears that the majority of them are held around Christmas /New Year time. The Spanish regard the Festival of the Three Kings as more important than getting drunk for Christmas :lol:

There are those who are Irish and those who wish they were Irish !