UEFA Cup Final

For English, European and World football topics.
Scottish
Site Admin

UEFA Cup Final

Post by Scottish » Wed May 16, 2007 10:26 pm

Superb match at Hampden tonight, I thought, marred somewhat for spectators by a questionable sending-off midway through the second half and definitely for TV viewers by the decision of STV not to show the match live.

I thought earlier in the season that Sevilla & Werder Bremen were a class above all the other entrants but Espanyol proved me wrong with their comprehensive victory over the Germans in the semi-final and their never-say-die attitude tonight when reduced to ten men. At 11-a-side it was an even match.

Congratulations to the winners but commiserations to Los Periquitos, the second side this season playing in blue and white stripes to end up Hampden losers

jackie

Post by jackie » Sat May 19, 2007 9:36 am

Hi,

thank you for being interested in us. I'm very proud to be a supporter of this team. We never surrended against one of the best teams in this moment in all Europe, with 10 players... i think we deserved the Cup, but anyway, we have won a lot of things like admiration of all Europe... We will return, for sure!

Visca Catalunya,
Visca l'Espanyol !!

RCDE 1900 LA FORÇA D'UN SENTIMENT

(The power of a feeling)

scotzine

Post by scotzine » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:58 pm

Was at Hampden for this game - great atmosphere provided by both the Sevilla and Espanyol fans - lucky enough to get seats a few rows from the front and got a lot of great photos for my Photo Gallery (http://www.scotzine.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=21) - the neutral fans loved the game also - some great goals, great pieces of skill - only downside was the shocking organisation who built hampden when they constructed too few food stalls - too many folk waiting in queues for twenty mins or so just to get served.

the hibLOG

Post by the hibLOG » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:53 pm

scotzine wrote: only downside was the shocking organisation who built hampden when they constructed too few food stalls - too many folk waiting in queues for twenty mins or so just to get served.
It was designed after consultation with Health Scotland to tackle the obesity problem.

:lol:
Fraser

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:23 pm

Have I got this right? At a game between two Spanish sides - whose supporters are used to a half-time tapas - there was too big a queue at the pie stall?

the hibLOG

Post by the hibLOG » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:48 am

scottish wrote:Have I got this right? At a game between two Spanish sides - whose supporters are used to a half-time tapas - there was too big a queue at the pie stall?
Aye, the serving staff were more used to dispensing screwtapas.

Boom boom!
Fraser

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:37 pm

And the nearest they got to Mediterranean cuisine was when a guy asked his wife "D'ye want a pie, Ella?"

the hibLOG

Post by the hibLOG » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:08 pm

scottish wrote:Have I got this right? At a game between two Spanish sides - whose supporters are used to a half-time tapas - there was too big a queue at the pie stall?
Anyway, when abroad the enlightened traveller seeks out the local cuisine. You don't go looking for stovies in Barcelona do you?

Mind you, after a Hampden pie none of them will be back...
Fraser

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:36 pm

the hibLOG wrote: Mind you, after a Hampden pie none of them will be back...
Which of course is why all future UEFA finals staged in Scotland should be held at Rugby Park - the Theatre of Pies.

Lisbon67

Post by Lisbon67 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:57 pm

the hibLOG wrote:You don't go looking for stovies in Barcelona do you?
There will be hunners of the unenlightened ones doing that right now