Scottish Secondary Juvenile Football Cup

Scottish Football Answers to Questions
don henderson

Scottish Secondary Juvenile Football Cup

Post by don henderson » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:26 pm

I've come across a football medal of my dad's from the 1937-1938 season when he played for Renfrew Waverley in this competition. As the medal is inscribed 'finalists' I assume they didn't win. I'd welcome any information about the competition at that time and, if anyone has information about the team at that time specifically then that would be great. I also came across a winners medal for the same season (so I assume it was Renfrew Waverley as well) for the P&D Cup, and any information on this would be great too.

kiwiscot

Scottish Secondary Juvenile Cup

Post by kiwiscot » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:45 pm

Taking the fact the team is from Renfrew the P & D could mean Paisley and District.

ScottishFA

Post by ScottishFA » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:46 pm

There are very few records of Secondary Juvenile football, so unless you stumble across something in the local paper of that era, it may be difficult getting information.

The Scottish Secondary Juvenile FA later became the Association of Scottish Youth Football Clubs, and I have a handbook of the 1990s which does at least name previous national cup winners. In 1937/38 it was a team called Craig-mer - as you will see from the previous forum about this level at viewtopic.php?p=6714&sid=0b0fad0e3e874d ... 343ad4f361

The Paisley and District Youth Football League is still going. See http://paisleydistrictyfl.netfirms.com/ for (not much) further information.