Scottish Cup 1st round info - worse than ever

Scottish Football Answers to Questions
Scottish
Site Admin

Scottish Cup 1st round info - worse than ever

Post by Scottish » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Can't find details of goalscorers, let alone crowd figures. I suppose if I crawl through various club sites some info may turn up but for the SFA's own site to have such little information is very poor indeed. Scorer information may be of the Sky Sports Score Centre but that requires Flash and I only have an iPad with me at the moment and they are incompatible with Flash.

Anyone with details of scorers and/or crowds please post here.

LEATHERSTOCKING

Re: Scottish Cup 1st round info - worse than ever

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:38 pm

Scottish Sun & The Scotsman both give roundups of the principle games but that`s about all I can find - no goal times or attendances which is very poor. For the SFA`s own website to give only the scores is even worse; it`s their own competition for goodness sake. The BBC`s site used to be good @ this but only in the days when the 1st Round followed the Qualifying Cup competition. Now, they`re all treatiing the Cup`s 1st Round like the old Qualy ie. ignoring it.

Nice wee comment on the Scotsman`s website hoping Rangers beat Forres & draw Civil Service Strollers in the 3rd Round so they can have a go @ the taxman on the field too!

prorege

Post by prorege » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:46 am

I was at Whitehill v Inverurie and counted 184 spectators.

sureitsza

Post by sureitsza » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:58 am

Click on the scores in this link and a page with scorers/times are listed.

http://www.livescore.co.uk/soccer/scotland/

LEATHERSTOCKING

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:29 pm

Thanks for that, it`s helped me piece together from various sources players names including forenames, goal times and sendings off(sur & fore names). Zilcho on attendances from anywhere. The SFA`s website still hasn`t got a replay date for Edinburgh vs. Shotts.

bobby s

Post by bobby s » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:23 pm

I've seen a figure quoted for the Bonnyrigg game of 400 - I was there, and I'd say that was probably a good estimate, but I'll ask for a verified figure.

Bonnyrigg Team was:

Andy Carlin, Kevin McLeish, StevieThomspson, Liam McKenna, Sean Woodburn, Davie Roseburgh, Alex King, Sean Grady, Ross Archibald, Paul Shields & Kris Renton.

Davie Burrell appeared for Renton and as noted on that link Renton & Shields scored for Bonnyrigg.
It's the Hope I can't stand

LEATHERSTOCKING

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:43 pm

There`s a few discrepancies in scorers between the LIVESCORE & SCOTSMAN sites which I`d say could only be clarified by the SFA. However, its website DOES now have the replay date for Edinburgh/Shotts. Why it can`t have more than just the Preliminary & 1st Round scores I don`t know. I`ve e.mailed asking them and am holding my breath for a response.

sureitsza

Post by sureitsza » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Here is another page to compare but still no attendances.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/sc ... up/results

LEATHERSTOCKING

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:29 am

Sporting Life`s 1st Round details are missing a few bits eg. Hawick`s 1st scorer, Hermes goal scorer, Shotts`s goal was scored by Ruraidh Scott NOT S.Ruraidh. Here`s what I have. Can anyone correct/add/delete?
Threave Rovers 0, Vale of Leithen 1(Noon 49)
Bonnyrigg Rose 2(Shields 6, Renton 28), Girvan 1(Mitchel pen.53)
Huntly 2(Somers 59, 74), Wigtown & Bladnoch 2(Jamieson 15, McHarrie 33)
Shotts Bon Accord 1(Scott og. 34), Edinburgh City 1(Devlin 80)
Irvine Meadow 4(Brighton 27, 61, 85, Miller 42), Gala Fairydean 0
Edinburgh University 1(Thomson og.55), St Cuthbert Wanderers 2(Miller 9, Carnochan 36)
Formartine United 3(Munro 6, 13, Park 31), Brora Rangers 2(Mackay 64, Campbell 70)
Civil Service Strollers 4(Aird 32, Pimms 50, O`Neil 58, 85), Newton Stewart 0
Spartans 0, Wick Academy 2(Steven 42, Geruzel 44)
Glasgow University 0, Selkirk 2(Battle 3, Butters 46)
Clachnacuddin 2(Graham 46, Lawrie 81), Lossiemouth 1(Archibald 88)
Hawick Royal Albert 2(Powers 51, Cannon 89), Golspie Sutherland 4(Sutherland pen.16, Jones 56,
88, Kerr 83)
Fraserburgh 4(Christie 24, Cowie 37, Barbour 38, Johnstone 77), Coldstream 0
Whitehill Welfare 2(Manson 60, Summerville 63), Inverurie Loco Works 4(Bagshaw 29, Broadhurst
pen.44, Park 52, MacKay 74)
Buckie Thistle 0, Rothes 0
Hermes 1(Wilson 38), Deveronvale 4(Fraser pen.3, 25, Watt 14, Duncan 68)
Preston Athletic 0, Nairn County 2(Gethins 3, 48)
Turriff United 6(Anderson 6, Campbell 7 & 12, Harris 37 & 50, Gauld 82), Burntisland Shipyard
Amateurs 1(Hutt 39)

jimmygrumble

Post by jimmygrumble » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Some further details from Highland League site

Saturday Summaries August 25th 2012: No SHFL club loses to a non SHFL club
Formartine United and Turriff United opened their Scottish Cup accounts with victories with both netting three early goals to make some magical memories for the home supporters. The games went differently from there on in as Formartine survived a second half fightback from Brora Rangers to win 3-2 with Steve Mackay striking the bar late on.

Turriff went from strength to strength and eventually ran out 6-1 winners with Paul Campbell and Gary Harris both netting twice in a comprehensive win. Stephen Gauld and Ross Anderson also grabbes some limelight.

Clachnacuddin edged out Lossiemouth by two goals to one. Scott Graham opened the scoring in the 46th minute before Blair Lawrie added the second in the 81st minute. Ross Archibald pulled one back but Lossie couldn't find an equaliser. Wick Academy scored twice in first half injury time to record one of the results of the afternoon, winning 2-0 at Spartans. Grant Steven and Lukasz Geruzel heading the Scorries into the next round.

Fraserburgh warmed to the task of facing Coldstream with a comfortable 4-0 win including goals from Ryan Christie, Mark Cowie, Scott Barbour and Graham Johnston. Nairn County defeated Fort William's conquerors Preston Athletic with Robbie Duncanson and Conor Gethins netting early in each half in a game that saw both teams finish with ten men. Final Score 2-0.

Deveronvale also progressed winning 4-1 over North Junior champions Hermes. Scott Fraser bagged two scoring in the 3rd and 25th minute while Graeme Watt and Kris Duncan were also on target. Keith Wilson netted for the home side. Inverurie Locos also went through with a 4-2 win in Rosewell. Andy Bagshaw and Ryan Broadhurst were on target for the Red and Blacks in the first half and Steven Park and Stuart McKay scored after the break.

Two second half goals from Barry Somers saw Huntly earn themselves a replay against Wigtown and Bladnoch although the Black and Golds will now face the daunting trip to the other corner of the country in seven days time.

The trip will be a far shorter one for Buckie Thistle as they drew 0-0 with Rothes and will now head for Mackessack Park for the replay. Sean McIntosh saw red for an off the ball incident in the game that saw Morag Pirie make her return to SHFL grounds.

Golspie Sutherland defeated Hawick Royal Albert to book their berth in the second round. Former Highland League players Shane Sutherland (pen), Shaun Kerr and Ronnie Jones (2) were on target in a 4-2 win. That meant that Brora Rangers Lossiemouth and Hermes were the only North based clubs going out at this stage although all three of them went out to SHFL sides.

Cove Rangers have gone to the top of the P&J Highland Football League thanks to two goals late in the first half from Jordan Leyden and Paul Emslie which saw them through despite Blair Yule seeing red at half time for standing on an opponents foot.

Saturday August 25th 2012
The Scottish Cup

FINAL SCORE

Bonnyrigg Rose 2
Girvan 1

Scorers: Paul Shields(6), Kris Renton(28)
Scorers: Darren Mitchell(53 pen)

Sent Off: Scott McGilp

FINAL SCORE

Buckie Thistle 0
Rothes 0

Kevin Main, Jamie Shewan, Robert Duncan, David MacRae, Ian Macrae, Darren Wood, Paul Napier, Neil Davidson, Martin Charlesworth(Z Sutherland 46), Neil Robertson(S Scott 58), Shaun Carrol(S Wood 82) Subs: Aaron Shand, Darren Strong

Greg Sim, Euan A Anderson(A Shearer 64), Scott Dunn, Alan Fuller, Kevin Shortreed, Michael Dunn, Jamie Blackhall(L Forbes 70), Scott Robison, Sean McIntosh, Sean McKinstry, Stuart Massie Subs: Greg Simpson, Stewart Abel, Rhys Fyfe

Booked: David MacRae(69)

Booked: Stuart Massie(69)

Sent Off: Sean McIntosh(74)

Referee: Morag Pirie

Attendance: 250

FINAL SCORE

Civil Service Strollers 4
Newton Stewart 0

Scorers: Darren Aird(32), Craig Pimms(50), Stewart O'Neill(58, 85)

FINAL SCORE

Clachnacuddin 2
Lossiemouth 1

Scorers: Scott Graham(46), Blair Lawrie(81)
Scorers: Ross Archibald(88)

John Campbell, Colin Williamson, Graeme Tatters, Alistair A Macleod, Bruce Milne, Brian Macleod, Martin Callum, Alan Pollock, Paul Brindle, Scott Graham, Blair Lawrie Subs: Scott Davidson, Sam Urquhart, Mark Dougal, Chris Ross, David Harrison

Steven Dunn, Anthony Ross(J Bagley 35), Sam Milton, Lee Davidson, Jamie McKinnon, Gary Macdonald, Colin Charlesworth, Finlay Stables, Ross Archibald, Ricky Wardrop, Kevin Grant Subs: Scott McIntosh, Scott Miller, Stephen McKenzie, Cameron Farquhar

Referee: Ryan Milne

FINAL SCORE

Edinburgh University 1
St Cuthbert Wanderers 2

Scorers: Dean Thomson(55 og)
Scorers: Ian Miller(9), Colin Carnochan(36)

FINAL SCORE

Formartine United 3
Brora Rangers 2

Scorers: Hamish Munro(6, 13), Daniel Park(21 pen)
Scorers: Steven Mackay(64), Craig Campbell(70)

Andy Shearer, Stephen Jeffrey, Stuart Smith, Craig McKeown, Mark Smith, Tommy Wilson, Hamish Munro, Neil McVitie, Daniel Park(C Dingwall 79), Michael Ewen, Kevin Webster(S Soane 74) Subs: Richard Davidson, Calum Bagshaw, Keirin McCaffrey

Ally Ridgers, Kyle MacLean, Stuart Golabek, David Hind, Alexander Macleod(L Baxter 41), Alec Lamb, Dale Gillespie, Ritchie Hart, Craig Campbell(A Greig 83), Steven Mackay, Martin McLean Subs: Gary Kerr, John Mackay

Booked: Stephen Jeffrey(23), Craig McKeown(63)

Booked: Ally Ridgers(21), Dale Gillespie(37)

Referee: Graham Beaton

Attendance: 350

FINAL SCORE

Fraserburgh 4
Coldstream 0

Scorers: Ryan Christie(24), Mark Cowie(37), Scott Barbour(38), Graham Johnston(77)

Paul Leask, Marc Dickson, Scott ` Fowlie(M Fletcher 80), Ryan Christie, Willie West, Scott Barbour(G Johnston 65), Zander Davidson, Bryan Hay, Mark Cowie, John Willox(R Cowie 80), Neil Main Subs: Steven Main, Jonathan Dunbar

Mark Walters, Jordan Ainslie, Mitchell Simpson, Michael Allan, Keiran Ainslie, Sean A Simpson, Josh Hebdon(J Taylor 46), Kris Neil, John Crawford, Johnny Simpson, Craig Hugh(G Wales 45) Subs: Martin Tait, Martin Cornish, Stuart Coyle

Booked: Josh Hebdon(30), Johnny Simpson(73)

Referee: Craig Sim

FINAL SCORE

Glasgow University 0
Selkirk 2

Scorers: David Battele(3), Aaron Butters(46)

FINAL SCORE

Hawick Royal Albert 2
Golspie Sutherland 4

Scorers: Paul Power(52), Laurie Cannon(89)
Scorers: Shane Sutherland(16 pen), Ronnie Jones(60, 88), Shaun Kerr(83)

FINAL SCORE

Hermes 1
Deveronvale 4

Scorers: Keith Wilson(38)
Scorers: Scott Fraser(3 pen, 25), Graeme Watt(14), Kris Duncan(68)

Neil MacLennan, Alan MacRae, Lee Smith, Scott Freeland, Josh Winton, Ian Cruickshank, Keith Wilson, Mark Hamilton(C Macklin 88), Keith Courage(K Robertson 72), Marek Madle, Andrew Courage(V Havlin 72) Subs: Steve Watson, Matthew Gairns

Darren McConnachie, Graeme Rodger, Kevin Adams, Scott Henry, Scott Fraser, John Urquhart, Michele Lombardi, Craig Cowie(C Blackhall 72), Kris Duncan, Craig Morrison(G Noble 66), Graeme Watt Subs: Magnus Barclay, Connor Rennie, Ewen McDonald

Booked: Andrew Courage(24), Mark Hamilton(37), Ian Cruickshank(50), Lee Smith(58), Josh Winton(85)
Booked: Craig Cowie(34

Referee: Michael McNab

Attendance: 250

FINAL SCORE

Huntly 2
Wigtown & Bladnoch 2

Scorers: Barry Somers(59, 74)
Scorers: Robert Jamieson(15), Jamie McHarrie(33)

Neil Hastie, Grant Campbell, Neale Davidson, Mark Gray(M Clark 63), Barry Somers, Paul McCarthy, David Booth, Adam Naismith, Jason Coyle, Michael Fyfe(D Stewart 84), Craig Dorrat(L Robertson 90) Subs: Martin Skinner, Shaun Barney

Martin McCauley, Ross Drysdale(C Hendry 70), Mark Whorlow(J Lowe 60), Adam Dougan, Scott Forrester, Michael Donnelly, Neil Erskine, Richard Jones, Robert Jamieson, Grant Carnochan(W McMillan 64), Jamie McHarrie Subs: Nigel Marshall, James Parlane

Booked: Jason Coyle(54)
Booked: William McMillan(78), Craig Hendry(90)

Referee: Andy Milne

FINAL SCORE

Irvine Meadow 4
Gala Fairydean0

Scorers: Tam Brighton(27, 61, 85), Richie Barr(42)

FINAL SCORE

Preston Athletic 0
Nairn County 2

Scorers: Robbie Duncanson(3), Connor Gethins(48)

John Gilbertson, Mark Stewart, Dale O'Hara, Kevin Barr, Kevin A Morrison, Peter Newby, Fraser Henderson, Connor Scott, Sean Martin, Robbie Arthur, Callum Hill Subs: Shaun Thomson, Graham Nisbett, Mark Cherrie, Steven McCormack, Kevin Cairnie

Callum Donaldson, Sean Webb, Paul Macleod, Michael Morrison, Martin MacDonald, Wayne Mackintosh, Connor Gethins, David Watson, Steven Ellis, Robbie Duncanson, Glenn Main Subs: Ross Naismith, Gregg Main, John Cameron, Craig Smith, Michael McCallum

Sent Off: Paul Macleod(16)

Referee: Steven R Reid

FINAL SCORE

Shotts Bon Accord 1
Edinburgh City 1

Scorers: Ruraidh Scott(34 og)
Scorers: Paul Devlin(80)

FINAL SCORE

Spartans 0
Wick Academy 2

Scorers: Grant Steven(45), Lukasz Geruzel(45)

Chris Flockhart, Chris Tennerrazzeo, Jonny Sealey, Kevin Sivewright, Ali MacKinnon, John Grant, Andrew Martin, Robbie Manson, Chris Anderson, Keith McLeod, Mark Whatley Subs: Jordan Finnie, Sean Wringe, Jack Beesley, Donal Henretty, Ross Gilpin

Michael Gray, Gary Manson, Alan Farquhar, Craig Shearer, Steven Cunningham, Richard Macadie, David Allan, Lukasz Geruzel, Michael Steven, Sam Mackay, Grant Steven Subs: Gary Weir, James Pickles, Ross Allan, Stewart Ross, James More

FINAL SCORE

Threave Rovers 0
Vale of Leithen 1

Scorers: Danny Noon(49)

FINAL SCORE

Turriff United 6
Burntisland Shipyard 1

Scorers: Ross Anderson(6), Paul Campbell(7, 12), Gary Harris(37, 50), Stephen Gauld(82)
Scorers: Craig Hutt(39)

Stephen Coutts, Lewis Davidson, Cammy Bowden, Ross Anderson, Mark Simpson(J Chalmers 61), Paul Young(G Davidson 77), Donald Fraser, Dave McKenzie, Gary Harris, Paul Campbell, Sam Muirhead(S Gauld 61) Subs: Grant Pennet

Andy Martin, Steven McAndrew, Mark Brough, Stuart A Gray, James Whyte, Mike Brown(P Wilson 72), Lyall Roberston, Shaun Lamont(M Hamilton 46), Craig Hutt, Grahem Neish, Steven Dow(L Wall 46) Subs: Conner Droughie, Martin Melia

Booked: Donald Fraser(59), Sam Muirhead(60)

Referee: Graham Fraser

FINAL SCORE

Whitehill Welfare 2
Inverurie Loco Works 4

Scorers: Steven Manson(60), Aaron Somerville(63)
Scorers: Andrew Bagshaw(29), Ryan Broadhurst(44 pen), Steven Park(52), Stuart McKay(74)

Darren Walker, Darren McGlashan, Paul Forbes, Mike Bruce, Willie Kidd, Dayne Robertson, Steven Manson, Andrew Kidd, Aaron Somerville, Wayne McIntosh, Jordan Hall Subs: Scott McCulloch, Scott Cairney, Chris Dolan, John Hall, Euan Lawson

Stewart Gray, Marc Young, Ally Graham, Clark Bain, Steven Park, Ryan Broadhurst, Nicky Gordon, Scott Begg, Jack Strachan(S McKay 60), Andrew Bagshaw, John Maitland Subs: Neil Gauld, Jamie Michie, Kieron Adams, Daniel Bell

Referee: Gavin Ross
only sing when i'm fishing

LLD

Post by LLD » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Irvine Meadow Twitter account gives the attendance at their game v Gala Fairydean as 431.

https://twitter.com/Medda1897 - scroll down a bit

LEATHERSTOCKING

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:43 pm

Pleasantly surprised to receive an answer to my e.mail to the SFA - see below. No immediate improvement proposed then. If you`ve ever been on the SFA`s website, it`s absolutely full of inconsequential tosh. Why they can`t put up full details of their own cup competition remains a mystery.

From: Anne_Marie Bannon [Anne_Marie.Bannon@scottishfa.co.uk]
Sent: 30 August 2012 10:10
To: Forrest Robertson
Subject: Re: SCOTTISH CUP

Thank you for your email the contents of which have been noted and passed to
the appropriate department for attention. I would say though that in the
short term the information provided by the Scottish FA will not change
although we are currently reviewing this. Thank you for taking the trouble to
write.

Best wishes
Anne Marie Bannon
Senior Event Manager
(B) 0141 616 6039
(M) 0791 242 7033
anne_marie.bannon@scottishfa.co.uk

HibeeJibee

Post by HibeeJibee » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:09 pm

Getting a reply is an improvement, tbf...

As I've said in prior years: for posterity and historical consistency it would've been better if this had been termed the Preliminary Round or Qualifying Round when the rules were changed, as - unfortunately - this is how it's being treated in practice by SFA+media.

Even R2 had been getting a bit ropey in the last year or 2 but Rangers presence will head-that-off this season.

LEATHERSTOCKING

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:35 am

As I said, I was pleasantly surprised to gat a reply; I honestly didn `t expect one. I`ve said from the start that the Qualifying Cup shouldn`t have been scrapped but the SFA did it as a sweetener to the Juniors. So far, no 10 goal routs but then Rangers have still to go to Forres!