Phil O'Donnell RIP

The place to discuss Scottish football
Scottish
Site Admin

Phil O'Donnell RIP

Post by Scottish » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:54 pm

I'm sure there will be many tributes to Phil O'Donnell following his tragic passing earlier today but for something obviously written in haste I think Michael Grant's tribute in the Sunday Herald is as tasteful as can be found in these awful circumstances.

exile

Post by exile » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:57 pm

I was there when he scored against Dundee United in the 1991 Cup Final. I really wanted United to win (since they'd never won the Cup at that point) but it was a great goal and a great final.

Alan McCabe

Post by Alan McCabe » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:18 am

Amid the frivilous banter and nonsensical name-calling of the Saturday evening Radio Scotland phone-in, the grim announcing of Phil O'Donnell's tragic passing was indeed a bolt from the blue. It was one of those stunning moments that you'll not readily want to remember, but will not easily forget.
If life was fair, he was due a lengthy Indian Summer to a career that promised so much more than it duly delivered as horrific injuries blighted such an illuminated talent.
A decent guy by all accounts, O'Donnell will be fondly remembered by all of Scotland's football followers regardless of creed, colour or religion.
May he rest in peace.

nightfire

Post by nightfire » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:55 pm

He was a great servant to both Motherwell & Celtic and 35 years old is no age at all. Very very sad

May he Rest in Peace