Diddums for Davie Provan

The place to discuss Scottish football
Neiljb

Diddums for Davie Provan

Post by Neiljb » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:33 pm

I have just read Davie's News of the World opinion on the Hearts situation. I thinks the old bhoy is beginning to panic. He is assuring the OF fans that come New Year, if Hearts are still in contention for the league, Celtic and Rangers will kiss it better with a wave of their magic cheque book.

Another pearl of wisdom was,

"I had to laugh at Rangers threatening to boytcott Tynecastle because the ticket allocation for their fans is to be cut by 1200.

"For years supporters of both Old Firm clubs have been shafted by grasping clubs who hike up the ticket prices when they come to town."

"For the moment Hearts don't need their money, hence another dose of contempt for their fans."

"The Old Firm should have been boytcotting these grounds years ago in defence of their exploited fans".

Someone please explain to Davie the laws of economics. Market and Demand is a well used principal at Parkhead and Ibrox. Personnally I would not particularly mind if they did boycott away games as it would almost certainly adversely affect their teams performance.

Level_Par

Post by Level_Par » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:06 pm

If Provan's worried so much about Old Firm fans having to spend too much cash here's an idea for him. In his next column he could tell them to save thousands of pounds on travel by watching their local side rather than gte on buses from all over the country and heading for Glasgow. It would help the environment too.

Jimmy Superscot

Post by Jimmy Superscot » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:59 pm

Might give them more time for a wash as well! :lol:

Mike Smith

Post by Mike Smith » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:05 pm

Davie Provan's actions in getting Willie Johnston sent off during a Scottish Cup tie at Parkhead in 1983 were a disgrace.

Consequently, anything the former permed one has to say on football matters is of no interest to the majority of Hearts supporters..
Author of Follow the Hearts