Gordon Ramsay

The place to discuss Scottish football
ton_ton_mac_oot

Gordon Ramsay

Post by ton_ton_mac_oot » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:25 pm

wants to buy Morton apparently. Quoted on the BBC as saying
Morton would be my first choice because my dad, Gordon, was a supporter and we have strong family ties in the Greenock area.
Which begs the question whay aren't you? Then there's this absolute humdinger
I have been speaking to David Murray about this over the last couple of years and, if anyone knows how to run a football club, it is him
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

bobby s

Post by bobby s » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:18 pm

You'd hope the pies would improve though.

As long as it wasnae some of his pretentious pishy food that you got in it's place.
It's the Hope I can't stand

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:21 pm

Norwich v Morton would be some game. If you could squeeze through the turnstiles to get in.

Alan McCabe

Post by Alan McCabe » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:50 pm

Having failed miserably in his business efforts to resurrect one of Glasgow's most famed restaurants during his short time as owner, Mr Ramsay lived up to his quote concerning David Murray's knowledge of running a football club par excellence.
Acting on the chef's behalf, some TV production company approached the new successful owners of the restaurant (seemingly unaware of Ramsay's previous business history there) and offered them the chance to have the celebrity cook run their establishment for one week in yet another 'fly on the wall' telly docu-drama.
The new owners politely refused, writing a public letter along the lines of "While we appreciate Mr Ramsay's interest in our establishment, we feel it unlikely that we would benefit from his week-long presence. Indeed, given his prior business experience here, we would be more interested in allowing you to film OUR staff running HIS restaurant!"
While I appreciate this story has nothing to do with football, it does illustrate perfectly the kind of egotists that most of our clubs could gladly live without.
Fitba' is the working man's game. It shouldn't be allowed to become the plaything of the rich & famous! Morton's present boardroom saviours have more understanding & love for their club than any so-called celebrity chef could ever muster.

Mike Smith

Post by Mike Smith » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:44 pm

Well said, Alan.
Author of Follow the Hearts

Neiljb

Post by Neiljb » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:59 pm

If I was a Morton player I would be crapping it.

He would turn up for training and have them all in tears.
Bungs, Sweetners and Christmas Presents. Who'd want to be a manager?

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:57 am

If he wanted to be a real 'hands-on' chairman, would this mean he had a finger in every pie?

the hibLOG

Post by the hibLOG » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:15 am

They could rename the pie stall 'Hell's Kitchen'.
Fraser