Scottish Cup Attendances

Scottish Football Answers to Questions
GMartin

Scottish Cup Attendances

Post by GMartin » Sun May 04, 2014 1:56 pm

Hi all, busy going through bits and pieces on my West Lothian Scottish Cup book ,have got a few attendances I'm not to sure about, can anyone help me out with the following matches. Celtic v Bo'ness 1906, Queens Park v Bathgate 1891, Celtic v Bathgate 1928 and finally Motherwell v Bathgate 1931. Will continue to hunt for photo's drawings, etc of West Lothian clubs right up till September if anyone can help out also.

Alan McCabe

Re: Scottish Cup Attendances

Post by Alan McCabe » Sun May 04, 2014 3:23 pm

From my records :-
Celtic v Bo'ness 1906 5,000
Queen's Park v Bathgate 1891 No figure recorded **NOTE Was actually Bathgate Rovers
Celtic v Bathgate 1928 3,000 (Celtic's lowest recorded Scottish Cup crowd at Parkhead post WW1)
Motherwell v Bathgate 1931 2,500

GMartin

Re: Scottish Cup Attendances

Post by GMartin » Sun May 04, 2014 5:48 pm

Thanks Alan, more or less what I had, the Celtic match v Bathgate, had me wondering as the crowd was so low, so its great to have that other wee bit of info to include in the book about it being Celtic's lowest post WW1 record. The Bathgate v Queens Park will just have to leave it at that, all I had was Bathgate took a reasonable support.

Another thing that I'm including in the book is each semifinal/final from each year along with any interesting facts on the Scottish Cup that season, for instance, Berwick Rangers beating Rangers, Fraserburgh defeating Dundee etc, goal scoring , attendances, must be hundreds of them, have a good few, but those sort of things are easy to miss, so again if anyone knows of any interesting facts on the Scottish Cup it would be really appreciated.